Saturday, 25 August 2007

PREVIEW: Headlocked

THE writer on Headlocked, Mike Kingston, sent me a PDF preview of his new comic the other day. I've been following the title's progress for a few years and I'm glad to see it's set for release soon.
Headlocked is a 48-page comic looking at Mike Hartmann's dream to become a pro wrestler and hit the big-time in the World Federation of Wrestling (WFW) run by Spenser McLane (a thinly veiled version of you-know-who, I suspect).
Kingston promises to deal with Hartmann's trials and tribulations in the pseudo-sport in an honest, no-nonsense fashion, which will be a welcome change after putting up with so many shitty wrestling-themed comics over the years (and, yeah, I AM referring to you dicks at Chaos! Comics!).
Kingston's story is nicely illustrated by Randy Valiente. I'll reserve judgement until I see more of his work - especially how he draws action sequences - but the preview pages I've seen so far look pretty good.
For pre-ordering info, or to learn more about Headlocked, head to http://www.visionarycomics.com/v2/.
I'm sure I'll be writing more about this book in coming months.

No comments: